Pitch a Tent 2011 confirmed Date

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Message from Coach !!! and other stuff.

Team,

Today's score was 41-6. First of all that's a points difference of 35 points. That's a lower score than the Renegades put by us. Second, this was a MUCH better team than the Renegades. In my opinion (and I still haven't seen Old White) this is the team to beat in our league. However, I am extremely frustrated because we could have won that game. We did not stay focused for the full 80 minutes and every time we switched off, they scored. I also suspect that fitness was a little lacking as well. But, let's focus on the positives: We dominated them for large periods of the game; we finally got our first points of the season (Sid's kicking practice before the game paid off); Our forwards again looked assertive; and I think within a couple of weeks/games we are going to have a back line that strikes fear into oppositions. We had 2 boys playing new positions today, Jake R. and Wells. 2 forwards who have been promoted/demoted (depending on your thinking) to our centers. I think they got caught out a couple of times trying to be forwards, but for the most part a big success. Well done lads. As with most of our players, things will get easier with experience. Unfortunately, that's the one thing Jeff and I can't teach. Speaking of Jeff, kudos to Jeff for stepping into a role most of us are quite happy to participate in from the sidelines, but few are willing to put their money where their mouth is and do it on the field. I am of course talking about Refereeing. I am sure I speak for all of us in thanking Jeff for stepping in and allowing a game of rugby to be played today.
Man-of-the-Match. I need to mention our MotM's from last week. I didn't send anything out last week (I was too pissed off actually!), but we need to make mention of 3 guys who played their socks off. Our backs MotM went to both Ryan and Pat (who played fly half for the first time). But our team and forward MotM went to Matt Rabine. Week in week out this guy just gives it his all, and today he had another outstanding performance. However, today's MotM's were Sid (backs) and Chewie (forwards) and yet again the forwards took team MotM with Chewie. Great job guys. I don't know if we've ever seen Chewie run 20-30 yards, ball in hand, handing off players (one he carried with him for 10 yards) just creating devastation in his wake. Nice!
Finally, we did have a couple of guys who didn't get onto the field. Normally in that situation (being down by 30 points) I would have got you out there for some playing time. It was my mistake not to get you out there. Sorry.
Ok, practice Tuesday. See you there.

Jared.

--------------------------------------------

Video's of Knoxville game


The Knoxville game is up but its only 30 min's long. We need someone to film. and I will be looking at the game today and should have it up on Monday.

No comments: