Pitch a Tent 2011 confirmed Date

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Two Messages from Coach

Team,

Hopefully I captured everybody on e-mail who wrote their addresses down for me this evening.
I'm hoping to see a boost in numbers again on Thursday. We have a cold week forecast for us, and despite the prospect of snow, yes SNOW! I expect to see everyone ready to go on Thursday. Actually the snow should be gone by Thursday.
Three things to consider this week:

1) CIPP registration. As I write this e-mail, only 3 people have CIPPed and two of those (well one anyway) are non-playing members. Caleb Hodnett was first - great job. Again, here is the link:
https://register.usarugby.org/rugby/DesktopDefault.aspx

2) Dues ($50.00). Please see the note I forwarded yesterday from Pete. We need the money. As with CIPP registration if you haven't paid it, you can't play. If you are new to the team this Spring, you are under no obligation to pay it. However, donations are gratefully accepted.

3) Nashville. I have not yet received information on times etc. from those guys, but I highly recommend that you all go. It will be an extremely beneficial experience. Like I have said before, we are not ready to play a game yet, and this would be one more step closer to being ready.

There are more things to consider, but I figured I'd be lucky if you retained three!!! If you have any questions, let me know either by e-mail or feel free to call. My number is listed below.

See you Thursday,

Coach.
(423) 240-9968

--------------------------------------------------------

Team,

Some bad news tonight. We had about 5 cars broken into while we were at practice this evening. There was some damage to cars, and some significant items were taken. The police did arrive shortly after we noticed the problem and had called them. From this point on, I will ask that any players who are currently not able to practice through injury (or whatever) please attend practice so that we can have someone in the vicinity of the parking lot at all times to keep an eye on the cars. I hate to resort to this, but we have no choice. I think that this must have happened when we moved to the middle of the field, and were far enough away for them to do this without us hearing. These are kids we are talking about, not hardened criminals, and a presence should be enough to keep things safe. I would also encourage you to keep valuables to a minimum in your cars, and perhaps put items in your kit bag if you have to have them with you.
In the mean time, we are investigating alternative practice facilities. This really sucks and I'm extremely sorry for those who were affected.

Coach.

No comments: